Saturday, February 21, 2009

Oscars!

I'm excited about the Oscars tomorrow - I love awards shows of all media genres, and even when the Oscars are boring, or in one of those stretches where they're handing out lots of technical awards, they are still super-glam. Hugh Jackman was a fab Tony host, and he should be a welcome change from the more traditional comedian-host. I have two wishes for the Oscar ceremony. One is probable, one less so.

1) Hugh Jackman sings.

Dancing, it seems, is already in order:



Singing seems likely. I certainly hope so - he's got a great voice.



SOMEONE GIVE THAT MAN A SCREEN MUSICAL!

2) Dev Patel and Robert Pattinson present an award together. This is mainly shallow - I'd kind of like to see if the confluence of my two major pop culture obsessions of the last six months would make my head explode after I squeal with glee. Adorable-osity, British accents - MAKE IT HAPPEN, OSCARS!

No comments: