Thursday, February 12, 2009

Changing Colors

Sometime over the last year, painting my nails became one of my favorite things to do when I'm bored.  When I was little, it was an incentive - my mother promised me weekly manicures in exchange for not biting my nails.  It worked, sort of. (My nails are fine if left alone, but I developed an intense cuticle-chewing habit.) Living alone has afforded me the opportunity to change colors as frequently as I wish, without having to worry about bothering anyone with the smell.  When I was taking a film class last year that sapped my energy, I used the weekly screening as a time to apply a new polish.  There's something so simple about the boost a little bit of bright color can bring.

Behold: Hot Pink for Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Hanna said...

Oooh, pretty. Also, got skins to work!!!