Sunday, July 24, 2011

Oh, to be in Nerd Heaven

I wish I could've spent the weekend bopping around the San Diego Convention Center instead of roasting in the open-air sauna of the East Coast. I'd still love to go in person someday, but the increasing presence of entertainment media means that you can cobble together somewhat of a virtual attendance from the safety of your air-conditioned home. I particularly love the snarky, self-aware videos shows will put together for their panels. Behold:



As time passes, I appreciate Jeffster in smaller and smaller doses, but this is pretty much the ideal use of their special talents.



Something about Zachary Quinto with the sandwich really cracks me up. (Do I need to say I love Ben Schwartz? I feel like I'm creeping ever-closer to embarrassing Lee-Pace-style gushing there.)



I wasn't a finale-hater, but I still love this. (How excellent is Titus Welliver? In the past TV season, he got sliced all to pieces and had his voice coming out of a stuffed animal. I feel like there should be some kind of special Emmy for something like that.)

No comments: