Monday, June 27, 2011

Trailer Thoughts

If you'd asked me at 8:45 last night, "Liz, are you excited about the upcoming season of Boardwalk Empire?", my response would've probably been measured. The first season wasn't perfect, but the actors gave great performances and the finale made me feel like I was looking forward to seeing what the writers would do in a second season, particularly with the alliance between Jimmy, the Commodore and Eli.



Imagine my shock, then, at seeing this preview before the True Blood premiere and finding myself erupting into paroxysms of delight. I'm serious - by the time Jack Huston showed up in that mask, I was jumping up and down and clapping my hands with glee. Maybe I really love all those reprobates. Maybe everything else just seems ten times better in a post-The Killing world.

No comments: