Monday, June 06, 2011

Dream Emmy Ballot 2011: Nonexistent Category Division

It's that time of year again, y'all. I know it's geeky to get so jazzed about something like this, but the only sport I follow with any regularity/have a consistent understanding of the rules of is tennis, so the Dream Emmy Ballot is my version of the fantasy draft. Posts coming in the weeks ahead! I thought I'd share a quality scene from some recent Netflixing to celebrate:



Ostensibly, I suppose this falls under the "Guest Actor in a Drama" category, but A) I'd be shocked if ABC Family submitted this for consideration and B) it feels like a performance of this nature deserves a category all it's own. Like "Best Performance by an 'Actor' Playing What is Essentially a Thinly-Veiled Version of Himself." So, step aside Fred Thompson on The Good Wife, because this is The. Best.*

[*If I may digress, this clip is also an exemplary display of the kind of campiness that Make It or Break It could really use. Watching the show, I appreciated that every one of the central characters spent some time being a smug, egomaniacal bitch, since it felt authentic to the kind of pressure-filled environment that the show takes place in, but I then intermittently wished that it was also the kind of show where people sometimes slap each other. Certainly, an infusion of manic soapiness might make it seem less disturbing that NO ONE reacts appropriately to Lauren's non-stop sniping and sociopathic behavior.]

No comments: