Friday, September 03, 2010

Mood Music XXXV/Check Out This Awesomeness Right Here!

New template! I'm very excited! (Props to Hanna, whose redesign prompted me to just go ahead and change it up already.) Doesn't it look beautiful and spacious?

In celebration, some of my recent favorites. I keep a sort of rotating playlist of whatever's piquing my interest at the time (the track that's currently been on there the longest is "Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf" by the Killers), so these are just the ones that got added in the last couple of months.





When I watched Sixteen Candles last month, I was reminded of how much I love the way they use this song in the background in the scenes with Ginny, who is one of my all-time most favorite self-involved film characters. (I feel like I should pre-emptively apologize to Hanna, my presumptive future maid of honor, as I invariably will at some point find it necessary to bust out quotes from that movie.) Also, when the weather is decent, it just seems like a perfect time to roll down the windows and crank the selections from Back to Mono.



Okay, so this isn't the song's official video, but it is where I first heard it. Yes, I'm a nerd who likes to watch teen soaps. Sue me.



I don't watch Hung anymore, but sometimes I stick around for the credits after True Blood just because this song is so awesome.



Endless, grating ads for Eat, Pray, Love --> "Dog Days Are Over" becomes intolerable earworm --> A fair number of cycles through Lungs.





This was a surprisingly effective way to channel my road rage the other day.



I don't know that I can find an embeddable version of the whole video, but this is probably my favorite song off the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack.


No comments: