Saturday, June 26, 2010

Someone Needs Some Cliffs Notes

I'm totally watching the USA/Ghana match, but I had to write something about this idiotic Bud Light ad, because it is driving me crazy:



I understand that as an educated young woman who considers herself a feminist, I am not part of the demographic that Budweiser is aiming for. But COME ON.

Not only are those books comically thin (my copy, in comparison, is 450 pages), but THAT'S NOT THE PLOT OF LITTLE WOMEN. I understand that whatever ad guy who created this chauvinist mess wanted some sort of stand-in for "lame chick-lit bullshit" but it's a classic of nineteenth century American fiction! Why not just make up a title? Or actually have them talk about things that are legitimately in the book? Certainly every time my sister and I watch the movie, we complain about Amy being a man-stealing ho. This just shows a sad lack of imagination. Maybe they're drinking beer during book club because they are the WORST BOOK CLUB EVER.

No comments: