Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Resolutions

I realized recently that June is a much better time than January for making behavior-altering resolutions, at least for those who schedule their year around an academic calendar. Right now, I actually have time to devote to things like getting more exercise or fixing my sleep schedule, whereas January always seems to flash by in a haze of new-semester madness. This applies here: the paltry post count for the past few months is depressing me, so in addition to "cook more vegetable dishes" and "stop falling asleep with the lights on," we have "write 30 posts for June." Whether this will actually translate to a post a day remains to be seen.

The good thing about this particular resolution is that I already have a lot of posts percolating, including but not limited to: the end of the TV season; Dream Emmy Ballots; long-postponed conclusions to Favorite Adaptations and Best of the 00s; the introduction of my personal year-by-year slog through the major Oscar nominees; Books Read and its new film companion; [belated] birthday baking; and thoughts on Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Bill Condon: Future Twilight Director. I think it'll be a good month.

No comments: