Sunday, November 15, 2009

Coming Attractions

It seems that this coming winter, the forecast is blizzards - OF CHEESE.



Someday, Matthew Goode (winner of the Most Woefully Miscast in Watchmen Award) will get a romantic comedy worthy of his talents. This looks like a good "rainy weekend when I'm avoiding my schoolwork" movie, but even those two-and-a-half minutes were so cliche-riddled that I have my doubts about going to see it in the theaters.



I'm of two minds about this one: On the one hand, when Garry Marshall is on, he's on, and as an Alias fan, I cannot entirely reject the opportunity to see Jennifer Garner and Bradley Cooper in the same place at the same time, even if they don't share scenes. On the other hand, everything about this screams "clusterfuck," right?



If there's such a thing as film meth for me, it is truly film adaptations of Nicholas Sparks' tales of young love beset by tragedy. Even if I could count the number of times I've seen A Walk to Remember, I wouldn't want to because it would surely be a sad total. Add that legacy to the all-around excellence of Amanda Seyfried, and I think we've got a winner.

All that plus When in Rome? It's going to be an...interesting...winter.

No comments: