Sunday, December 05, 2010

Mood Music XLIV

There is a direct line from this performance to me deciding to throw a holiday party next weekend.



Because sometime afterward, my sister mentioned wanting to add more sequined items to her wardrobe. And I remarked that while watching this performance, I was positively mesmerized by RĂ©gine Chassagne's outfit and that a trip to H&M and Forever 21 while we were home for Thanksgiving would likely satisfy our quest for sequins. So, off to the mall we went (not on Black Friday, I'm not crazy) and while H&M was unexpectedly sequin-light (though I did have to wrench myself away from a glorious leopard-print maxi-dress - I love dressing like a crazy old lady with seventies-ish taste, but even in shopping mode I had the wherewithal to recognize that I had no reasonable place to wear that dress), I ultimately found a lovely dress at Forever 21. After we returned home and contemplated the spoils of our outing (see "Night"), I held up my dress and commented to my sister, "This dress needs a party." And she concurred, because among many other lovely things, she is also my number one enabler.

So now I'm in obsessive party-planning mode, and "Sprawl II" gets a spot on the playlist. Fun!

No comments: