Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mood Music XLIII




I've been listening to Layla more frequently recently. There's something really appealing about the general tone of desperation and straight-up craziness in that album. Just listen to those lyrics.

Sometimes I wish I was one of those people who just charges around without a filter, broadcasting emotions everywhere to everyone without a care in the world as to who's listening. Take my feelings about some event or person and act like they're everyone's business and not just mine. Of course, any time I get publicly hyper-confessional I nearly always regret it later, and normally I have the wherewithal to set up my boundaries where they need to be. Sometimes, though, I'd just love to make like Clapton and put my crazy heart out on display.

No comments: