Thursday, March 11, 2010

OMG You Guys, Part III

My enthusiasm for the series has waned a lot in recent months, but I can still get excited about the new movies. And Eclipse is my favorite of the books, so I was really looking forward to this. However...



...this trailer is super-bland, right? There's no big moment here like Twilight's "Edward saves Bella from the Van of DOOM" or New Moon's "Birthday Party of TRAGEDY," but there should be some interesting little scenes they could pull from the story. No Rosalie/Jasper flashbacks? No Vampires vs. Wolves Smackdown? (Okay, there's probably effects work that still needs to be done for that. But this movie is coming out in, like, three months. Get it together, people!) There are snippets there that look good - Bella reckoning with having to leave her parents behind, Jacob generally being all up in everyone's business - but I was hoping for a little more awesomeness all around.

Also, when they had the first full shot of Kristen Stewart (about 0:30 in), I was like, "Oh, right. That's a wig." I know they had to go that route after she got her Runaways mullet, but the shots here are not making it look good at all.

1 comment:

Emma Barry said...

This trailer is a like a bad Iron & Wine song: it has no energy and no passion. Where's the famous chemistry between K Stew and R Pattz? And also "it all begins with a choice"? I'm pretty sure Bella made her choice when she fell "irrevocably" in love with Edward two books ago. Color me unimpressed.