Friday, March 24, 2006

Pondering

After hours of YouTube searching for such childhood favorites as Freakazoid, I recalled the sweet, sweet days of watching Pinky and the Brain in my youth (as in, between 5 and 10 years ago.) One of my favorite lines of the show was when the Brain would always ask: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Here are a myriad of Pinky's replies, admittedly taken from IMDb:

Pinky: I think so Brain, but if you replace the P with an O, my name would be Oinky, wouldn't it?

Pinky: I think so Brain... but do I really need 2 tongues?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but then it'd be Snow White and the Seven Samurai...

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but how are we going to make pencils that taste like bacon? Or maybe we should make bacon that tastes like pencils. Narf.

Pinky: I think so Brain, but burlap chafes me so.

Pinky: I think so, but where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of night?

Pinky: I think so Brain, but Zero Mostel times anything will still give you Zero Mostel.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Pinky: I think so Brain, but... Kevin Costner with an English accent? I dunno.

Pinky: Well, I think so Brain, but balancing a family, and a career? Ooh, it's all too much for me.

Pinky: Well, I think so Brain, but isn't Regis Philbin already married?

Pinky: Well, I think so Brain, but if we didn't have ears, we'd look like weasels.

Pinky: I think so Brain, but pants with horizontal stripes make me look chubby.

Pinky: I think so Brain, but why would anyone want a depressed tongue?

Pinky: Um... I think so, Brain, but what if the chicken won't wear the nylons?

Pinky: I think so Brain, but if Jimmy cracked corn, and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but we're already naked.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but if we get "Sam spayed," we'll never have any puppies.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but me and Pippi Longstocking... I mean, what would the children look like?

Pinky: Uh... yeah, Brain, but where will we get rubber pants our size?

Pinky: Well, I think so, Brain, but I can't memorize a whole opera in Yiddish.

Pinky: I think so Brain, but the Rockettes, it's mostly girls, isn't it?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but how will we get a pair of Abe Vigoda's pants?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but can the Gummi Worms really live in peace with the Marshmallow Chicks?

Pinky: Wuh, I think so, Brain, but wouldn't anything lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but if the plural of mouse is mice, wouldn't the plural of spouse be spice?

Pinky: Yes Brain, but if our knees bent the other way, how would we ride a bicycle?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but what kind of rides would they have at Fabioland?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but isn't a cucumber that small usually called a gherkin?

The Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: Woof, oh, I'd have to say the odds of that are terribly slim, Brain.
The Brain: True.
Pinky: I mean, really, when have I ever been pondering what you've been pondering?
The Brain: To my knowledge, never.
Pinky: Exactly. So, what are the chances that this time, I'm pondering what you're pondering?
The Brain: Next to nil.
Pinky: Well, that's exactly what I'm thinking, too.
The Brain: Therefore, you ARE pondering what I'm pondering.
Pinky: Poit, I guess I am.

No comments: