Friday, September 14, 2012

Trailer Thoughts



So portentous and actorly! I want to give it a nineteenth-century-style name. Lincoln; or, Totally Rad Actors in Slightly Suspect Wigs.

I was going to give this one a few days, after dealing with other posts that have been in the pipeline forever, but this one thought is nagging at me and I just wanted to get it down. I know it's a case of art imitating life from two different points, but it's really weirding me out how much Tommy Lee Jones' wig and pallor make him look like Stoneman from Birth of a Nation. And I feel like Spielberg being Spielberg, that can't possibly be unintentional, right? Like maybe there's this whole side project of challenging Thaddeus Stevens' cinematic legacy? Mind you, this is based on about five seconds of trailer. But now I'm curious to see whether that's borne out at all in the movie.

No comments: