Thursday, February 02, 2012

Trailer Thoughts


I didn't catch the terrible name pun until my second viewing of this.

- On the Yahoo page I got this from, the movie was listed under Tyler Perry's Good Deeds, which, if that's how it's going to be marketed, is one of the most self-aggrandizing things I've ever seen.

- I'm going to go ahead and assume that my curiosity about the genealogical breakdown of that whole "fifth-generation Ivy League" thing won't be satisfied.

- This...doesn't look terrible? Thandie Newton was easily one of the best things about For Colored Girls..., Perry's a million times more tolerable when he's just playing a regular dude, and if the story doesn't depend on Gabrielle Union and/or Phylicia Rashad's characters being total shrews completely out of proportion with reality then I could be on board.

No comments: