Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trailer Thoughts

You know how sometimes you watch a trailer, and your primary reaction is something like, "Oh, dear."?


Oh, dear.


Some other thoughts, in no particular order:


- That reaction is not to say that I'm assuming that this is bad, necessarily. Adam Shankman is a good choreographer and a solid director, and Hairspray ended up being a lot more charming than I thought it would be. 


- There's an interesting task at hand here, and part of me is sort of curious to see how it plays out: unlike, say, Mamma Mia, this is a jukebox musical pulling its songs predominantly (if not exclusively) from the music video's heyday. How do you stage numbers that already have established visuals attached to them? I can't say I'm not intrigued.


- That being said, I'm skeptical about the use of "Sister Christian," if only because the song's already attached to an amazing film scene


- I'm not sure the filmgoing world can handle the excess of terrible wigs entailed in both this movie and the second part of Breaking Dawn coming out in the same year.

No comments: