Friday, January 22, 2010

Best of the 00s: Hiatus

Okay, so clearly I should have just started the whole "Best of the 00s" thing in the summer when I started making my lists rather than waiting until November and accruing this insane backlog of posts while simultaneously facing the end-of-semester writing crush. Long story short, I need to focus my writing energies on my thesis no matter how much I'd rather be committing hundreds of words to pop culture minutiae. Posting the Showrunner list without commentary was so personally unsatisfactory that I'll probably just add here and there to the lists I've got and post them whenever they're done. (The fact that I'd rather write so much about television than, say, myths of national origin highlights the fundamental flaw of my thesis. I'm planning to do something about that in looking ahead to comps.) So here are the "Best of the 00s" lists in the pipeline:

Best Romantic Chemistry
Best Season Finales
Best Series Finales
My Favorite Albums
My Favorite Movies
Favorite Actors and Actresses

I'm torn about whether or not to do master lists of Best Comedies and Dramas from television - you can probably guess what they are just from level of recurrence across all the various posts. I'd also like to return in the future to some ongoing themes from the past - I never did finish my favorite book-to-movie adaptations (there are two more posts there) and I'd really like to pick up the Musicalfest thread again (the recent uptick in Gerard Butler's popularity prompted me to recently rewatch The Phantom of the Opera - what a deeply weird story that is). Anyway, it'll probably just be miscellaneous brief posts until I metaphorically wrestle my thesis to the ground. Believe me, I'd rather be doing this.

No comments: